Our bodies are marvelous machines. Putting your body to work can increase your physical strength and resistance to disease. Exercise can actually improve your outlook on life!
Exercise may help:
- Increase metabolic rate – decreasing risk of diabetes and obesity
- Increase lung capacity and recharge oxygen supply
- Improve blood pressure, circulation and strengthen your heart
- Lower cholesterol and improve blood flow in the arteries
- Relieve stress, tension and depression
- Improve sleep naturally – without the side effects of a pill
- Promote the body’s ability to get rid of toxic wastes
- Strengthen the bones and counteract osteoporosis
- Increase physical strength of muscles
- Improve posture and decrease back problems
- Prevent cancer
What kind of activity is best? Walking is the ideal exercise. Other good activities include running, swimming, cycling, gardening and yard work. One of the special benefits of exercising outside is that you can combine at least three of the health principles: sunlight, fresh air, and exercise. A daily program of at least 30-40 minutes is best for maximum benefit. The important thing is that you enjoy what you do and do it regularly.
- Start slowly and progress gradually.
- It is better to exercise before a meal than right after a meal.
- Allow time to warm up and cool down.
- Discontinue your exercise and see your physician if you have pain, difficulty breathing, fainting, heart palpitations, etc.
A balanced and well-planned exercise program is one of the wisest investments you can make. Choose an activity that you enjoy, set a time every day and stick to it.
Have fun and feel better every day!
Download Invigorating Exercise PDF